I'll bet my '74 Spider than Ron meant the tow vehicle was getting 10mpg. Not to worry, as I'll also bet his Spica setup needs help, as so many do, so your tips will eventually get some use. FWIW, the AROO Spica page views fine on my PC, too.

Regards,

Dean

At 11:54 PM 7/30/2004, you wrote:

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:19:36 -0600
From: "John S." <roadtrip999@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Re: AROC-OR Spica tips, Spider vs sedans

Ron -
If you're getting 10 mpg, there's something wrong besides the tune, I think.
First thing I'd check is the Thermostatic Actuator. It sounds like it may
have leaked to the point that it's never leaning the cold running mixture
after the engine is warm. This may (or may not) cause the idle speed to be
elevated.

Things (and in your case, probably a combination of things) that could cause
bad fuel mileage:

1. Bad TA
2. Stuck Cold Start Solenoid
3. Injection pump timed incorrectly
4. Running mixture set way overrich
5. Ignition timing incorrect
6. Ignition components worn

Gas mileage normally 25-27 mpg. A drop of 4-7 may indicate actuator failure.
18-22 mpg may indicate pump timing is 180 deg out.