[alfa] 164 Tensioner stud sourcing?

Hi all,
I managed to strip the stud on the t-belt tensioner on my 164L. I actually
stripped it years ago, and have been getting away with a hack for a long time,
but now it finally kicked the can and I can no longer use the stud. I am
referring to the stud onto which you thread the nut that locks the mechanical
tensioner into position - NOT the bolt that secures the fulcrum point about
which the tensioner rotates.
After stripping the stud, I tried to back it out. I removed the PS pump for
clearance (and the strut, of course), but could not get a good enough grip on
that stud to back it out. Tried an impact screwdriver (the ones you tap on the
head and turn your impact into a rotary impact motion). It destroyed the stud.
I would cut the tip off, and try again. I finally got down to the block and
decided to drill it out. I was able to drill it out without damaging the
threads in the engine block. However, I found what appears to be M7 x 1.25
threading in the block. Seemingly impossible. The other end of the stuf is M8
x 1.25. I've never heard of an M7 x 1.25 and don't think I can find a tap for
it, or a die to make my own stud. Any advice? The thought of drilling the
block out and threading with M8 x 1.25 comes to mind, but I am terribly
concerned about orthogonality, since we are dealing with a sensitive
application here (my cylinder heads are at stake!)

Karl