Re:[alfa] Alfa Bil lAC Experience

Terry

I used to use up a lot of idler bearings as well until I noticed that the inner fender well had holes in it from belt rubbing, engine movement, distortion of the fender well itself.

I now make sure that I seal up any non OEM holes to prevent crap getting onto the bearing.

The bearings usually fail because water gets in, not because of metal fatigue.

I have had an AlfaBill AC Conpressor in my 164S for almost 2 years.  No
problem either with the the compressor or belt.  Point of fact the only belt
issue has been the poor design of the idler bearing of the 164.  I've had to
replace 5 over the last 5 years!  I've owned my 83 GTV6 since new and never
had a problem with the idler bearing!  Terry Johnston
Bruce --