RE: [alfa] What kind of engine is this??

> I emailed the good folks at Italspeed inquiring about this
> car and the person responding told me that it has a stock
> 1600 engine. Well I keep looking at the cam cover and that is
> not any 1600 Alfa Romeo engine I've seen. The question of
> course, what is it? I have my own theory but I don't want
> anyone to prejudge the engine so I'm keeping it to myself for
> the moment :)  http://italspeed.com/cars_pages/car3.htm

You've got better eyesight than I do.  All I can see are a set of carbs,
some wires, and a cam cover that looks to have the same basic shape as an
Alfa twin cam, but not enough to definitively prove that it is or isn't one.

My guess would be that it's an Alfa motor, but perhaps with some wild cam or
valve treatment, as another digester suggested.

bs