[alfa] '88 Spider stalling problem

My '88 Spider sputters and stalls when the temp. outside gets hot and the
car has warmed up a bit.
The problem usually starts with a bit of hesitation when I hit the gas. A
short while later the Spider will sputter if I give it too much gas then
stall. It starts again after sitting for a while. It's also stalling in
reverse.
Seems to run fine when it's cooler outside - about 70 F.
I checked the air duct from the air intake regulator to the plenum and
there are no cracks that I can see, and the clamps and hoses seem fine.

--

Walter BladyCalgary