[alfa] Re: GTV-6 fans

They do go bad. I tried to resurrect mine, and found that the bearings
were dry as a bone. I managed to get one running, but the other was a
total loss (ran slow pulled LOTS of current). The fans are not
available from Alfa Romeo any more but International Auto Parts
apparently went to the OEM in Italy, and them build a new run.
Unfortunately, this was too late to help me, and I'm just as glad. If
your fans go, replace them with a SINGLE Milano fan, which can be
sourced used from APE. You'll have to devise a mount  (we used angle
Iron) and wire it up like a Milano for the AC, but the benefit is that
my GTV-6 runs cooler than it did when NEW with the stock fans (so I'm
told). The Milano fan moves a LOT more air and makes both the engine
run cooler and the air conditioning more efficient.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'