[alfa] 1990 Alfa Spider Power Mirror Switch

I just purchased a power mirror switch on Ebay for my 1990 Alfa Spider.  When
I took my switch apart, I discovered that the cables run about 2-3 feet and
disappear into the center console.  The switch I purchased has about 6 inches
of cable and then a connector.  Obviously, the switch I purchased on ebay has
a much short cable than the OEM unit on my car.  Other than the cable length,
the switches appear to be identical.  Does anyone know why the two cables have
different lengths?  Is my 1990 Spider different than other Spiders because it
is the last year of the 3 series body style?  Any help in getting the replace
switch working would be greatly appreciated.

Ken Ross
1990 Alfa Spider Graduate