[alfa] exhaust manifold-to-head sealing, GTV-6

In my previous experience, the copper gaskets between the exhaust manifolds and the cylinder heads on my GTV-6 always crush down to the thickness of the copper they're stamped from. On the spare engine that I'm (still!) swapping into the car, several of them didn't seem to crush down all the way. This wouldn't bother me, except that it only happens on the bolted side of any given flange, which led me to believe that it was a problem with a the threads in the head that those bolts go into. But now I've pretty much ruled that out. I made a point to ensure that the flanges were good and clean, so I'm not sure what's going on here besides me being anal and noticing something that I just never noticed before. I'd like to be certain that it's not going to leak exhaust when I finally get it installed.

Any thoughts?

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6