Re: [alfa] re: Vendor feedback...a reasonable middle ground.

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:10:53 -0700 (PDT) doug sedon <sedond@domain.elided> wrote:

> joe sez:

> "...The difference is that it appropriate to relate
> the
> experience one has had with a vendor, but never
> appropriate to characterize that vendor as a crook,
> imbecile, enemy of humanity, war criminal, etc., etc."
> =====================
> ?!?  i certainly wanna know if a vendor is a crook,
> imbecile, enemy of humanity, war criminal, etc - don't
> you?  ;~)

wouldn't we all. but unless you can prove it in court,
it's probably a very bad idea to call anyone any of those
things in public.

in negative vendor related postings, i agree with those
who have suggested sticking to straight facts, don't go
overboard with rhetoric, as that causes a lot of trouble.
i'd also suggest that if the vendor has any good points
going, include those.

for example, when dean talks about the pure facts relating
to his spider top, he really should include the fact that
ed has made an offer to mitigate the situation that dean
finds unsatisfactory and has declined.

i am contemplating writing up a FAQ on how to post
about vendor issues, which will address all of these
points. it may not happen right away; i just started
a 6 month java programming contract and am expecting
to be a little busy, as i will probably also continue
looking for a "real job" at the same time.

richard