Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:45:53 -0400
From: "Jay T Hinton" <jhinton@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] GTV6 2.5 vs 3.0 and AC equip

Now that the GTV6 is rapidly becoming a 25 year old classic, I need to
figure out which way to go with Tazio, the 1983 2.5 litre, 3.4 ratioed
GTV6. Tazio lost his original leather interior some time ago, with a
set of Verde Recaros and the rear seat cushion removed, with just a
carpeted area in place. I still have the original seats. Other than
that, very few modifications at all. But, I have a spare 3.0 Verde
motor now and the wiring harness to go with it.
I am inclined to swap in the 3.0 and its harness. But doesn't this
lower the value of the car, quite a bit. Sure, its going to be much
quicker and pleasant to drive, but one day, Tazio will be moved on down
the road to another owner. I doubt I would want to replace the original
wiring harness, though replacing the original 2.5 motor would not be
difficult.

And, with more cars needing AC work, I wonder if anyone might suggest
some AC equip to pull a vacuum on the system once its repaired and
bolted up. I would most likely work with R134A gas, but would welcome
other suggestions as well.

Thanks, Ciao,

Jay