RE: [alfa] GTV6 2.5 vs 3.0 and AC equip

> Now that the GTV6 is rapidly becoming a 25 year old classic,
> I need to figure out which way to go with Tazio, the 1983 2.5
> litre, 3.4 ratioed GTV6.  Tazio lost his original leather
> interior some time ago,  with a set of Verde Recaros and the
> rear seat cushion removed, with just a carpeted area in
> place.  I still  have the original seats.  Other than that,
> very few modifications at all.  But,  I have a spare 3.0
> Verde motor now and the wiring harness to go with it.
>
> I am inclined to swap in the 3.0 and its harness.  But
> doesn't this lower the value of the car, quite a bit.  Sure,
> its going to be much quicker and pleasant to drive,  but one
> day, Tazio will be moved on down the road to another owner.
> I doubt I would want to replace the original wiring harness,
> though replacing the original 2.5 motor would not be difficult.
>
> And,  with more cars needing AC work,  I wonder if anyone
> might suggest some AC equip to pull a vacuum on the system
> once its repaired and bolted up.  I would most likely work
> with R134A gas, but would welcome other suggestions as well.

I don't see why you need to replace the wiring harness, but you do want to
use the 3.0 ECU.  Is the issue the separate spark box?

As for the engine, put in the 3.0, and mothball the 2.5.  Offer it up to the
prospective buyer when the time comes.  No big deal, enjoy the car with the
3.0.  It's not like we're talking a priceless Ferrari.  I'd guess the value
is roughly the same, might even be worth a bit more with the 3.0 in it.
Down the line, is it a special edition?  I can't imagine it will ever be
worth enough to matter, but if you save the original motor then you don't
have to worry anyhow.

bs