[alfa] Re: getting tree sap off GTV?

At 5:08 PM +0000 7/19/04, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:26:19 -0400
From: "Watry, Andrew (LNG-SFR)" <Andrew.Watry@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] getting tree sap off GTV?

Sorry for this barely-Alfa post, but some clear tree sap fell on my GTV late
last week, and by the time I got around to dealing with it, it had hardened
and doesn't want to wash off with hot soapy water, bug & tar remover, or a
bit of gasoline.  Anyone have experience here on how to deal with it?  Some
kind of citric acid cleaner?  A hair dryer to soften it up?  The paint is
solid color one-stage (no clear coat).  Thanks for any help.

Andrew Watry
I use a product called Citrol for dealing with tree sap and similar goo on paint, as well as just about any other mess that I don't want to get brake cleaner on. I believe that http://www.closeoutsuperstore.com/ (my former employer) still has the best price on the stuff.

-Joe