Re: [alfa] Re: installing roll bar on Spider

While Skip is very right in saying that a street roll bar will not do much for you in an actual rollover (though I would prefer to have one than not) he does go a bit far with his statement that it is for looks only. There is actually a noticeable handling difference upon addition of a street (or any) roll bar due to the increased stiffness.

As for installation assistance, here ya go http://spider.noshirtnoshoes.net/4kq/barpix/install.html
Let me just apologize in advance for my... sense of humor. Oh, and that wire that I drilled through - it turned out to be quite important, so allow me to reinforce the suggestion to plan your holes carefully.

HTH
Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (the roll bar is also a great tow hook if your truck has a lumber rack)