[alfa] Vendor feedback...a reasonable middle ground.

After reading all of the comments regarding vendors,
defending vendors, bashing vendors, defending those
bashing vendors, and bashing those who defend vendors
it seems hyperabundanly clear to me there is a middle
ground, one in which reasonable people may cheerfully
reside.

I think it is appropriate for a member of this Digest
to ask "I need to buy a disgronifier for my 1943 Gran
Sprint Abnormale. Where is a good place to go? Is XYZ
a good vendor?"

It is equally appropriate for yet another member to
reply--in public, even--"I don't know about
disgronifiers, but I ordered a googleplex demodulator
for my 1962 Spider Turismo Veloce TI from XYZ Alfa,
and that was in 1998, and 6 years after charging my
card, I am still waiting for the part." Or "The part I
received was alumin(i)um foil, rubber bands and
chewing gum! Andteh chewing gum was cinnamon, not
mint!"

This is good and proper, because it alerts the
original poster (and those who may find themselves in
similar straits at some point in the future) of a
situation which may occur with XYZ Alfa, and if these
reports are numerous and/or worrisome enough s/he may
take his/her business to Alfas'R'Us or Alfa Hut.

What IS NOT appropriate for any reason is to say "I
ordered a googleplex demodulator for my 1962 Spider
Turismo Veloce TI from XYZ Alfa, and that @#$%er
charged my card! I called that #$%*ing @*#^$er, and 6
years after charging my card, I am still waiting for
that son a @$#%# to even answer my emails! He is a
crook and I hope he sets his own @#$% on fire!!"

The difference is that it appropriate to relate the
experience one has had with a vendor, but never
appropriate to characterize that vendor as a crook,
imbecile, enemy of humanity, war criminal, etc., etc.

Joe in SoFla