[alfa] 115 tranny work

Digesti,
I've run into a bit of a snag with a transmission rebuild recently near
completion. I've taken the mainshaft completely apart taking careful stock of
spacers and sequence. Upon reassembly, the rear cover that houses the fifth,
reverse and lever linkage gets bolted down around it's perimeter. When this cover
goes on initially, the output shaft spins easily and smoothly. When the cover
gets torqued-down, the output shaft binds almost to a point that I can't turn it
at all. The layshaft bearing and mainshaft bearings are not new. Somehow, the
output shaft is being constricted and I can't figure out how. There's a big
spacing washer behind the outputshaft bearing race. I'm thinking of taking the
washer to the machine shop to have 20 thousandths removed. If you have any
insights, I'd appreciate it, Digest.
modelle in somers point
115.01
115.02