Re: [alfa] Caribou tops warranty

I've posted MANY positive comments about various Alfa parts vendors, and often times individual products, too. And I'm certainly not stingy with my praise for this Digest when a fellow Alfa owner needs help or advice, but there's no reason to be mute when a lurker only surfaces to dispute his well-deserved, albeit tarnished, reputation. The fact that I've never made a positive comment about Caribou might have something to do with the fact that I haven't ever had a positive experience. Funny about how that correlates, isn't it? So, Ed, the answer to your question is, "Yes, I am singling you out." But then again, so are quite a few others, if you count a number of subscribers this Digest, the AlfaBB, and the link below to the Better Business Bureau. Send me a check, and send Brian his seat covers. You're the one who owes us the debt, not the other way around. Do you need our mailing addresses? I'll be happy to write of my positive experience with Caribou, after the check clears.

If there are any further doubts about reasons for my lack of positive Caribou comments, have a look at the BBB site, which BTW, I have not complained to:

http://www.bbbsouthland.org/

Enter either "Caribou Imports" or "Caribou Canvas" in the BBB Reliability Report search box. The site's a bit slow, but I suppose that might be related to the number of complaints pending . . .

BTW, I'm just looking for a decent top for my '74 Spider, not another pissing contest. No one else responded to my "California Raisin" analogy, and it was just a comment, obviously made without enough forethought.

Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's