From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
alfacybersite
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:29 PM
To: AD; magista@domain.elided; samkass@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Alfa iPod / iTrip

Damian, could you give a Specific URL for the Plexiglas iPod stand?
Going to www.macmice.com and then their product page did not turn up
anything for an iPod. Sounds great though.

While not trying to turn my back on Benjamin Kaupp's detailed iPod
installation, must admit I'm leaning strongly toward Sam Kass' iTrip
solution http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/. Small, clean
looking, inexpensive, and no wires required if one uses the iPod's
batteries.

Sam, how critical is it the antenna cable be next to the iTrip? Since
the cable is well insulated, wouldn't think it would help at all. I'd
prefer not to run the antenna cable down the center driveshaft carpet so

as to avoid unsightly (panty) lines.

Even though I won't be the one driving the car / using the iPod, my
guess would be that using batteries would be so much more convenient. I
have assumed all along there is a special cable which goes into a
cigarette lighter, then hooks up to the iPod for power - as opposed to
needing to recharge the unit's batteries. Wrong? Would be nice for
longer road trips.

Where I'm going is installing one of "Damian's" Plexiglas clips and one
of "Sam's" iTrips. Works for me - even if I did insist the Blaupunkt
hot-rodder guy install a socket for an iPod.

Kind of silly, but Sam's use of Velcro seems "too modern" looking for me

- though Velcro is used to hold the '69 Spider's top just aft of the
doors and the center top retainer when down. Plexiglas though was
invented in WWII for B-17 (and others) windshields.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA