RE: [alfa] Re: alfa spider for sale

> I'm posting a for sale item for a friend:. Beased on a recent
> post by Peter Krause, he is most definitely optomistic
> regarding the power, but it's a good car and he sure threw a
> lot of money at it. Please reply directly to Dave Miller at
> webscamp @domain.elided

I'm sure the guestimated HP is a stretch, but I'll bet it's still a hoot to
drive.

<snip>
> Weber Carb Conversion (Two Dual Side Draft)    1100.00
> Fuel Pumps (2 ea, one per carb)          79.00
> Fuel Pressure Regulators (2 ea, one per carb)         59.00
<snip>

Here's where I have a question.  Is there any benefit to this setup?  Or
perhaps a typo, or misunderstanding?

Glynn and I plumbed my Spider with dual fuel pumps, but they're in parallel,
the purpose being redundancy.  I can't imagine that there's any fuel
delivery benefit in having one fuel pump per carb, especially in a system
that only requires 3-5 psi.

Perhaps the owner misunderstood the plumbing?  Or is there some real benefit
here that I'm not aware of?

bs