[alfa] Re: alfa spider for sale

Group,

I'm posting a for sale item for a friend:. Beased on a recent post by Peter
Krause, he is most definitely optomistic regarding the power, but it's a
good car and he sure threw a lot of money at it. Please reply directly to
Dave Miller at webscamp @domain.elided

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY

1977 ALFA ROMEO SPYDER VELOCE

47k Original Miles    Complete Performance Rebuild 1997-1999   Carburetor
Conversion

ENGINE
Performance Head (Big Valve)      $970.00
HP Valve Springs, Guides, Seals          98.00
Cylinder Head Refinement (Valve Grinding, Porting)      235.00
Autocross Performance Cams (For Carburetors)      340.00
Magnesium Sacrifice Head Plugs (2)          45.00
Piston and Liner Kit (8:1 to 10.4:1 compression)      375.00
Weber Carb Conversion (Two Dual Side Draft)    1100.00
Fuel Pumps (2 ea, one per carb)          79.00
Fuel Pressure Regulators (2 ea, one per carb)         59.00
Crane Perf Electronic Ignition/Wires/Tach Cable      192.00
New Speedometer Cable           20.00
Bosch High Performance Coil           29.00
New Distributor Cap and Roter          13.00
International Auto Performance Header       225.00
Mufflers (2 ea, rear installed)         157.00
Redundant Cooling System w/Adj Thermostat      165.00
New Main Bearings            37.00
Seal Kits           157.00
Oil Pressure/Light Sender           42.00
New Motor Mounts            71.00
All New Hoses/Accelerator Cables
Total Engine         4409.00

SUSPENSION
Performance Spring Set        $199.00
Adjustable Koni Shocks          384.00
5/8 in Rear Sway Bar           110.00
Poly Front Sway Bar Bushings           14.00
Inner/Outer Tierod Sets            98.00
Adjustable Upper Arms          202.00
Inner/Lower Ball Joints            63.00
Lower A Arm Bushings (4 ea)           99.00
Lower Cant Arm Bushings and Caps           16.00
New Caster Bushing               6.00
New Wheel Bearings             70.00
New Wheels 15 x 7 German Manufacture (OEM 14 x 5 1/2)     772.00
Full Set Of Original Wheels Go With The Car
Bridgestone RE93 205/50/15 Tires (4 ea, Treadwear 180 7k miles)     730.00
Suspension Work           300.00
Total Suspension         3063.00

BRAKING SYSTEM
All Newly Remanufactured Calipers       $434.00
Repco Metal Master Brake Pads           63.00
Hand Brake Cables             54.00
Total Breaking System          551.00

DRIVE TRAIN
New Clutch/Throwout Bearing        $225.00
Drive Shaft U-Joints              48.00
Drive Shaft Support Bracket/Bearing            64.00
Clutch Slave Cylinder Kit             17.00
Shift Boot (Transmission)             14.00
Total Drive Train            368.00

INTERIOR AND APPEARANCE ITEMS
New Heater Fan Assembly          $140.00
New Heater Valve               30.00
Jet Hot Coatings (Headers, Valve Cover)          265.00
New Seat Covers             195.00
New Mirrors                52.00
Floor Mats                89.00
New Front Badge               10.00
Center Cap Badges and Clips (For Original Wheels)           23.00
Mahogany Shift Knob               58.00 Clips (For Top Boot)
42.00
Interior Shift Boots               31.00
OEM Horns (Dual Tone)              30.00
Leather Hand Brake Boot              10.00
Bosch Wiper Blades               10.00
Alfa CD ROM (Shop Manuals and Promo)            49.00
Total             1034.00

PROJECT TOTAL          $9425.00

This is the total of parts and labor that I had to pay for, not including
the 350+ hours labor that I personally put into this project.  The original
design boasted 116 bhp, and my estimate for this completed product is
between 180 and 185 bhp.  My impression of overall drivability is perfect
for the average spirited road driver.   This car is now 1/3rd faster than
designed, and I have tried to compensate with the handling package
installed.  Red line used to be around 5800 rpm; I personally can't tell you
where it is now.  All I know is that after 4000 rpm, the cams come in and
the Webers sing till the dogs howl.  Lots of parts (wheels, tires, mufflers,
associated hardware)