[alfa] Re: Correct Torque on Driveshaft Donut Nuts

Not getting any torque figures from the digest, I checked a few
shop manuals that I had lying around for other makes and found
what I was looking for in the preamble of a Bentley manual for
the BMW E36. The maximum torque for an M10 bolt of 10.9
strength ( the bolts for the center driveshaft donut ) is 66 Nm
or 48.68 pounds feet ( Nm X .7376 ) and for an M12 bolt of
the same strength ( the bolts for the front and rear driveshaft
donuts ) is 115 Nm or 84.82 pounds feet.  Not wanting to
stretch the bolts to the max. and remembering there are 6
of them, I think I'll go 44 ft-lb for the M10's and 74 ft-lb for the
M12's and call it a day. Any educated wisdom to confirm or
refute this choice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Greg Connolly.