[alfa] Re: Typical fuel mileage on Spider 2a

At 04:40 PM 7/12/04 +0000, you wrote:
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:14:51 -0500
From: "Andy Menapace" <Andy.Menapace@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Typical fuel mileage on Spider 2a

Hey y'all,

I finally had an opportunity to check my fuel mileage without any fuel
leaks, and with proper ignition timing.  I got 27 MPG with a heavy foot.
I was excited to see such good economy.  I want to believe that good
mileage is a sign of a properly running engine... so, is 27 MPG a good
number for a 79 Spider?

Andy Menapace (lonely Alfa nut)
Brandon, MS
Assuming your '79 is Spica fuel injected, my experience is that 27 is "good" - at least that is what I'm getting. If it has carbs, then it is excellent. I've had several cars that had both Webers and Spica, and I always get about ~5 mpg better with the Spica system.

//kct, Powell, TN