[alfa] re: Smoggy Smoggy!

I'd be tempted to think that if everything else passes, you could easily resolve the hydrocarbon issue by adjusting your FI to run slightly leaner.

-Joe

At 9:12 PM +0000 7/12/04, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:23:21 -0700
From: Benjamin Kaupp <bkaupp@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Smoggy Smoggy!

Gentle Alfisti-

Here in the People's Republic of California, I have managed to avoid
until this moment having to smog my beloved '78 Spider. But the dreaded
time arrives. I'm fine on the Nox (NOx?) and all the other stuff, but
my hydrocarbon levels are killing me. While I'm saving up to do the
required updates/repairs, I figured I'd look into doing what I can for
(smoggable) performance. So FINALLY, the question:

What high-flow exhaust/cat option opinions are to be had from all
y'all? Please remember that this does have to pass smog, so no straight
pipes. Yet. Basically, cat and back, what is my best option? I'm gonna
leave the question open in an effort to spark the dreaded discussion.
Bwahahaha (sorry, it's early).

Thanks in advance,
Ben Kaupp, Santa Cruz
'78 Spider (just got 2nd in my first TSD. Thanks ARA folks, it was a
blast!)