[alfa] clear coat over AR530 red

Ray Manners wrote:

     Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:47:27 -0400
     From: "Ray Manners" <rmanners@domain.elided>
     Subject: [alfa] Clear Coat on Alfa Red Paint?
     Did my car originally roll from the factory with a Clear-Coat
     over the Red
     Paint? Original paint is Alfa Red (Rosso Alfa- AR 530).

My 1986 AR530 Spider seems not to have a clear-coat.  I unfortunately
flaked some of the paint off when a miter-box saw fell from a shelf and
scratched the fender on the way down, and there no sign of anything but
red paint layers.

You have no idea how long it takes for something like that to fall two
feet and how it feels to have your hands frozen in position until
impact.  Or I hope you don't.  Anyone who does,  have you found a good
source for repair touchup paint for this AR530?  Please?  I don't need
much, but I do need it.  I also need it for the area in the engine
compartment where brake fluid was let bleed onto the inner fender in
front of the brake/clutch master cylinders behind the air box,
blistering the paint.

Michael