[alfa] monroe struts

I saw a reference to Monroe gas struts for an Alfa 164, early '90's,
rear strut fitment, part number S4422. Can anyone help me understand
what this is? I had only known of the Sachs-Boge struts. Naturally,
Monroe's _US_ tech support office knows nothing of this part number, and
their listings provide zero info about any Alfa fitment. Is this a
fitment by design across the pond,

I bought some of these on the cheap from EU, and they look perfect, but the top is totally different and wont work with the strut tops on my 91. Needless to say, they look pretty and make great paper weights.

I'm working with a very good vendor that I use for Subaru parts to make some reasonably priced height adjustable coil over struts for the 164s. The concept is simple enough, just needs brackets to fit the car.

Any interest? I'm guessing a set of 4 would run about $1200 USD for a bolt on set with good ride spring rates.

--
AlfaBill
Sunny Tampa Florida