[alfa] Monroe struts for 164's???

Kindhearted and tolerant folk,

I saw a reference to Monroe gas struts for an Alfa 164, early '90's,
rear strut fitment, part number S4422.  Can anyone help me understand
what this is?  I had only known of the Sachs-Boge struts.  Naturally,
Monroe's _US_ tech support office knows nothing of this part number, and
their listings provide zero info about any Alfa fitment.  Is this a
fitment by design across the pond, or is it an accidental size match
that some discerning individual noted and used?  In my searching I found
a public announcement in 2003 from Monroe's parent company, Tenneco,
that Monroe's UK production plant would be terminated by the end of
calendar 2004.

I'd really like to know, as I'm already committed for purchase of two
from the UK and need to know whether I've simply dropped off the edge of
the earth or I should hustle around to get Monroe-specific boots and
bounce stops.  Open to information or commiseration or some
combination....  Even opinions as to the avoidableness of this part for
164 cars would be worthwhile for me to read, especially well-supported
opinions.

Michael