[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #203 - Spider Hardtop

In a message dated 7/8/2004 2:28:42 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

Date:  Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:32:36 -0400
From: "Gwynne W. Spencer"  <gwynnes1@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Spider Hardtop

Will a  hardtop from a 1989 Spider fit on a 1993 Spider?

Gwynne  Spencer
--------------------------------

    Yes.  In fact, all the square tail spiders 71  to 94 are the same.  The
89 Quadrifoglio hardtop is identical to the  93.  I have a Quad top I use on my
91 spider.  And I previously fitted  a hardtop designed for a 1978 spider on
an 87.
    Make sure you get the little nubbins for the chrome  strips in front of
the trunk.  The tall ones that hold the Spider Veloce  style top boot are too
tall for the hardtop. The hard top came with short  ones.
    The hard top also came with metal hooks that fit on  the chrome strips in
front of the trunk, but they are harder to find and the top  works fine
without them.  I got the J hooks the fit by the driver and  passenger shoulder from
Jon Norman Alfa.

Ciao,
Russ  Neely
Oklahoma City