[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #203 - Alfa Patches

In a message dated 7/8/2004 2:28:42 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

Date:  Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:25:15 -0400
From: "Eliseo Carrillo"  <ecarrillog@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Alfa Patches

Hi  all,

I just got a new nomex and need some patches to put on. I remember  Ricambi or
IAP had them some time ago but don't see them anymore. Any  sources?

Thanks,

Eliseo

--------------------------

    This is slightly off topic, but...
    Years ago, I was working Tech Inspection at an SCCA  race.  There was a
couple there from Texas who thought they were real hot  shot Scrutineers.
    The wife of the couple ask several competitors if  their SCCA and other
patches were held on with Nomex thread.  She was quite  vehement that Nomex
thread was required and in those days we inspected all cars  and all driver gear
every race.
    Finally one older driver said, "Hell, no.  If  that damned cotton patch
that SCCA requires me to sew to my Nomex catches fire,  I want to be able to
rip it off."

She quit asking the question the rest of the  day.

Ciao,
Russ  Neely
Oklahoma City