Re: [alfa] Time to say bye to the Spider? (for sale?)

On Jul 7, 2004, at 9:30 PM, Spiros Angelopoulos wrote:

The bad: The driver's seat has a few tears, but the passenger one is in good shape.
My '86 Spider has 170K+ miles on it, and the driver's side seat was a little rough, while the passenger seat was fine. Turns out that there are only four metal tabs (two in front, two in the rear) keeping the bottom cushion on, so I swapped them (took about 5 minutes). Makes all the difference if the car is mainly driven with just one person in it.

Current mileage is 92,700. The registration runs out in August and at that time I am planning to donate it getting the full blue book value of $5,710 according to Kelley Blue Book.
That looked high to me. Turns out that your car is worth 20% more in California than in my home state of North Carolina (according to Kelly Blue Book). I figured it's be worth more, but not that much more.

-T