[alfa] Re: SS bolts galling

Jay-  Yes, SS bolts in contact with heat will often gall. We use SS
fasteners a lot at work, and we always use nevr seize, even for dryfits,
or we lose about 10% to galling, and it's worst with nylocks, cause they
build heat as you tighten them. I always use the stuff, or, even better,
a product called tef-gel, which will prevent galling but still acts as a
mild loctite. Tef-gel is especially valuable for aluminum castings to
prevent the fasteners from corroding where they are in contact with the
aluminum. Also, it's white, so no slimy grey mess all over everything.
Hope this helps,                                             Pat Hood,
Seattle                                            Some Sedans, a Spider