[alfa] Failed Bosch Plus4 non-platinum

Digestibles,

I can now join the discussion about failed Bosch spark Plugs   :-(
The insulator loosened from the main metal screw part, allow compression to
escape and for a noisy tick.
It was good news when I found it, because I thought maybe I had dropped a
valve! When I pulled the spark plug cover, the number 8 plug was dancing up
and down.  My first thought was that I would be looking for a helicoil to
fix a stripped plug hole.

The plugs were the non-platinum, plus4 type, which, I am now told, are not
the 60000 mile type that I thought I had paid for.  The plugs I chose to
buy to replace them with were the NGK Iridium BKR6EIX, (platinum) which
were no good because the little screw on cap on the end does not screw off!
I am still using the factory leads, and they can't fit the cap.

At this point I became stuck, as every one of the part suppliers open on a
Sunday in my Regional city did not have anything appropriate.

The dealer doesn't stock Golden Lodge (25HLD) any more, so I'll get some
sent by courier interstate, which is my usual parts supply strategy.
I can't believe I didn't have one old plug in the workshop to keep my
going.

BTW, yesterday's visit to the dealer was not without merit, they had a
brand new ALFA GT on the floor.  Absolutely beautiful in Black/black, with
the 17inch wheels.  The dash looks  more 147 than 156, and I thought had a
sophisticated look about it, with no feeling of cheapness.  Apparently it
sits on the 156 wagon floorpan.  The doors are nice, frameless, with floor
lights.  The front and rear flanks are substantial, with quite a muscular
bulge. It is priced just below the 156 GTA, and has a different state of
tune to the GTA motors (more torque, less HP).

Cheers,
david
------
David Masters