[alfa] hot ignition coil

Chasing down a very, very intermittent miss on my '67 GTV with 2000 engine. So
far has only happened 4 times, when engine was very hot, and healed itself
before I could find the cause. Definitely electrical since it loses 100% power
insantly, then cuts back in perfectly - no fuel gradual starvation etc.

Today I was idling the car in the garage and waggling wires/connectors etc.
After running the engine for 5 minutes I realized that the ignition coil (Bosch
Bliue coil) was extremely hot - after 5 minutes idling? I have the Centerline
modified Bosch distributor with magnetic pickup. What could I be doing wrong to
make the coil run so hot - or is that normal? I know that if the coil were left
permanently energized then it would get hot, but then it wouldn't make
sparks...

The old fusebox has been replaced with a modern blade-type fusepanel - so it's
not that.

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Richard Lane, San Jose Ca, 1967 GTV