Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 06:25 PM 7/1/2004, you wrote:

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 14:30:50 -0600
From: "David Lee" <pdlee@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] powder coating for header

Hi, this is my first attempt to write a question/comment to the digest.
Please bear with me if I goof.

I recently acquired a '72 spider header that I intend to install in my 86
Veloce Spider to improve power and torque.  To spiff it up, I wanted to
powder-coat or somehow paint the cast iron OEM header to prevent rust and
oily surface.  I was told there is no paint that can withstand the heat
(what is the max temperature at the hearder?).  Does anyone out there in
Alfa-land have any experience with substituting 70's header for 80's spiders
and any experience in painting the header?

Thanks.
David
76 spider
89 Quad spider
86 veloce spider
Assorted British sports cars that cannot hold a candle to my Alfa's