[alfa] Powder coating for header

I was asked off-digest for my source of ceramic coating businesses in
the LA area. Actually I've never used them so can't be of help. I'm a
big fan of the original high heat paint - VHT. Its listed at 1500
degrees and I've never had it burn off an exhaust header. That said I
obviously can't comment on Griot's, Eastwoods, and POR's products.

One thing that continues to amaze me is how many go to great trouble to
make their exhaust header nice, then leave on the non high heat paint
that new exhausts come with. I will admit the exhaust won't get nearly
as hot as the header / headers but the original paint applied to keep
the exhaust from rusting in the warehouse or during shipping will burn
off sooner or later. Additionally, unless someone goes stainless, who
wants to have a silver exhaust hanging beneath their car?

I do find it imperative to have the header / headers sand blasted. And
having tired of trying to clean off the new paint and / or rust from
exhausts,
  I also have them sandblasted so they can be painted with VHT.

Unless a client Really feels otherwise he can have any color exhaust he
wants as long as its black (to coin a phrase).

For a colorful experience:
http://www.alfacybersite.com/BR691159SpdNewRefrbshdPts.html

Biba
(who might not have a first name but does know what town he lives in)
Irwindale, CA USA