[alfa] re: idiots

Am I missing digests again? What was said that Dean found so idiotic and/or offensive? Was it the suggestion that it wouldn't be unreasonable to retain the transaxle layout? Les's claim that a modified Alfetta gearbox could handle V8 torque? Unless I missed a post or two, or people flamed him off-digest, all I can figure is that he was drunk when he got pissed off and left, because he didn't qualify that final post with "I'm not drunk." Unlike our old friend Stu, for example, I don't get the impression that anyone wanted him gone, and I think it's a shame that people are so easily offended that they leave us altogether. I certainly enjoy the handful of non-USA perspectives that we get on this list--without them, I'd just have to daydream about what things are like in far-off lands where people build tube-frame Alfetta sillouhette racers and mid-engined specials with Alfasud drivetrains, bodyshops actually do bodywork, new car buyers aren't so bigoted, no one mandates pre-1972 headlights, and hardware stores sell crush washers and metric threaded rods.

So...any of the petty idiots out there want to tell me what I need to do to get at the rear crank seal on my spare GTV-6 motor (it still has a flywheel on it, and I don't know how difficult it may or may not be to remove it)?

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6
Oxford, Ohio, USA