[alfa] GTV engine woes

Fellow digesters

As of Sunday morning I was ready to proclaim victory over the GTV as I
finally managed to get it running.  As a matter of fact once I got my
electricals straight the engine came to life very easily, had a nice
idle, and sounded great.  Unfortunately the happiness was short
lived.  After being away all of Sunday I came back that night and
decided to re-torque the head nuts just to be safe

Heres where it gets interesting:

 When I unloosened the first nut (between cylinders 2 and 3) I couldnt
believe what I saw Coolant came gushing from around the nut to the
extent that my immediate reaction was to sinch it back up.  After
scratching my head, finishing my wine, and turning down the volume on
Dean Martin, I thought what the hell, I need to go through with this to
see what happens.  When I did that, another ~ liter of coolant seeped
out quite quickly and pretty much filled all the cavities around the
spark plugs.  I went ahead and retorqued all the Nuts one by one and
only 1 other of the 10 total caused coolant to come out (although to a
much lesser degree).

So, Heres the Question, What the hell happened:

Why the hell would the coolant essentially squirt out of the stud hole
when the engine was nice and cool with no pressure in the coolant
system I think that particular cylinder was on its compression stroke
and without an adequate seal (a.k.a. blown head gasket), the combustion
pressure drove the coolant out.  Of course the engine was never run
long enough to blow anything, so I suspect that it is rather a case of
bad installation or not having the right tolerance on the
head-block-liner interface.

Any Thoughts ???