[alfa] Compressed Idiots

I have to say just how much I have enjoyed recent Alfa-Digests. I had visions
of AlfaBill steaming down the Freeway clutching an old driveshaft to deal with
Jason.....but peace seems to be breaking out. A good thing I think.

Then to top it off, from the correspondent who rubbished all British cars out
of hand we get this gem...... "I am  sick of the rubbish people post on this
site, you know who you are!" ....... A tour de force in irony..even though I
think (grudgingly) there is some substance to Dean's complaints about some
comments made about his proposal.

Meanwhile back in Alfa land I am sure you are all delighted to hear that I
just picked up a brand new pair of Stock 164 Super front brake pads (Ferodo)
for #20 (#35). This, and a pair of drilled discs is all I bought at UK
National Alfa Day at wonderful Boughton House near Kettering . There were
bargains galore..electronic strut (new) for #40 or $60...steering rack..new
for #30..and the list goes on. I also had a good look at Chris Woods 1995
Q4...superb, and there was a customised black 164 which truly took my breath
away...and I don't normally go for customised, but this was so well executed
and finished.

There was not a single facelifted 166 at National Alfa day! There were at
least six times as many 164s as 166s (all pre-facelift). There were about ten
prewar Alfas and a rare Alfa Jeep type vehicle (Circa 1950)..complete with
alloy twin cam engine. It was not a success as it was too expensive....nothing
new there then. It didn't rain and a lovely time was had by all.

Behave everyone.........Think Disney (Yeuk) "If you can't say anything nice,
don't say nothin at all"  or as Captain Cook said to his crew "Be Excellent to
Each Other"

Tim Hancock    Boston UK

164TS
164Super