[alfa] L-Jet V6 ECU mods, round 3, Joe loses

I made my third attempt at changing the value of R106 (this time I made it very small, but nonzero) to eliminate the GTV-6 rev limiter. And the car ran like crap, so I'm seemingly modifying the wrong resistor. When I set R106 to zero, it wouldn't start, so I tried (roughly) halving it instead. Car ran (seemingly) fine, but the 6400RPM limiter was still there. So this time I put a 470 ohm resistor in parallel with the existing ones. The car started and idled okay (it's hard to tell because my car idles so poorly when it's cold anyway), and revved okay, but the throttle response seemed a bit off. I tried driving around the block, and it seemed like the engine was being switched on and off periodically. The frequency reminded me of that at which the oxygen sensor feedback cycles, but that couldn't be related to what happened because I had the TPS shorted to force the ECU to run open-loop to eliminate that variable. So if anyone knows which resitor *actually* imposes the rev limit in the GTV-6 ECU, please let me know.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6