[alfa] V6 3.0 Engine Rebuild

Thanks to all that responded with tips on removing the piston liners.  In the
end, a slide hammer in combination with a hammer and suitable driver got them
out.

My S cams and S pistons/liners arrived today.  The crank is at the shop having
the journals polished to remove the scoring and should be ready on Monday.  My
fingers are crossed that polishing will be enough, the damage was pretty
severe.

The question I have is with regards to balancing the engine with the new
pistons.  Is it safe to assume that out of the box the weights of the pistons
are within a close enough tolerance to each other to not have to balance the
system?  Or is that wishful thinking?  My gut says that after all the money
I've sank into this motor so far, I should spend the extra couple of hundred
and get the lower end balanced.  On the other hand, if it's a fact that it's
not necessary, then I won't waste the money and time.

-Lalo
'88 Verde
www.LalosGarage.com