[alfa] Re: Spark plug replacement schedule

richard wrote:
"a lot of people really prefer bosch platinums in this application.

i actually like the OE type Golden Lodge quite a lot. the older Lodge plugs that were available back in 87 (when i bought my Milano) had issues, but the later ones last a long time and work well.

a copper NGK is probably good for one year. a lodge or a bosch
platinum should go quite a lot longer."

My personal experience has not been good with bosch platinums. Although my car does burn some oil, after 1-2 months, the bosch plats were already showing carbon buildup near the (small) center electrode. Also, the car would have to "clear" out before pulling smoothly if I had been idling at a stoplight and on startup. The Golden Lodge plugs are supposed to be quite good, although I am currently trying out NGK B6ES plugs (the ES is not a projected tip design). YMMV, if you'll pardon the pun.

Regards,
Josh
'71 1750 Berlina
'72 2000 Berlina