[alfa] 105/115 SpeedBleeders 4-sale

Hi Group:

I've got a complete set (all 4 calipers and the clutch slave) of 105/115 SpeedBleeders that I don't need any longer. I had these on my '74 Spider for a few years, and they all in good shape, without corrosion or damaged threads. I've got a Motive Products pressure bleeder, and it's just so much more convenient that I pulled the SpeedBleeders off the car.

There are a few caveats though, about SpeedBleeders, in general. They come with a painted-on thread sealer, so air isn't drawn past the threads as the pedal is released, but the sealant never worked for me. In fact, brake fluid (ATE Super Blue and Valvoline SynPower) seemed to dissolve it. I have always used a few turns of Teflon plumber's tape on bleeders (to prevent corrosion on the threads), and found that this works great on the SpeedBleeders, too, for sealing the threads. Also, if the system has been completely drained of fluid, the SpeedBleeders need to be removed until the new fluid has run down (via gravity) to the calipers. Air pressure will not be enough to open the SpeedBleeders' internal valves. Finally, lately I've seen some different than original slave cylinders, and I won't promise the SpeedBleeder I've got will fit them all, but it matches both my Spider's.

That's about it, and I'll take the first email offer for $20 for all 5 bleeders, shipping included to anywhere in the US. Centerline sells the same parts for $42 + shipping.

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's