Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:23:43 -0700
From: Ben Dorfan <ndorfan@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] high oil pressure

Hi all,
excuse my ignorance but how (where) do you check oil pressure with a
mechanical gauge. My 87 spider has always shown high oil pressure 57-80
psi. My mechanic thinks its a bad gauge or sender but (un)fortunately
the gauge seems to function correctly. After my last oil change (castrol
20w50 + baldwin oil filter), the operating pressure went up to 100+ psi
at 3000+ rpm (gasp). Thanks,

Ben
87 spider