[alfa] High oil pressure

The discussion about oil filters exploding or bulging caught my
attention. The oil pressure in my 2 liter Berlina is higher than normal.
I noticed it for the first time last week and our Alfa Technician put a
mechanical pressure gauge on it and it is high. About 85 or so lbs.  I
suspect the pressure valve is stuck in the oil pump, but don't know for
sure. Any suggestions? If it is a sticking pressure valve, is it
accessible  by removing the lower pan?