[alfa] 164LS Challenge - taming of the shrew

My 2" worth....

OK.  Just a thought.  My wife's 1991 164L had a strange problem with hot start after we got into colder weather on the Northbound trip from its Florida purchase.  Wouldn't hot start.  At least, not until it cooled off some tens of minutes.  But not always.  I haven't gotten into that harness yet to verify, and you say you've checked leads through to the ECU, but maybe you have an intermittent resistive connection on the coolant temp sensor lead.  Maybe some broken strands in the wire?  I actually purchased a new sensor for the car, but after manipulating its harness socket, the problem hasn't resurfaced in months.  I still plan to look over the clip when I do the timing belt "Real Soon Now."  You might try ohming the leads from the EU through the sensor while someone wiggles the socket and wiring.  Might be illuminating.  I hope this helps.

Michael