[alfa] Re: NEW DATA! 164LS Challenge - taming of the shrew round two

Jason:

>For all of those with 24 valves, here is what I have done to try to solve
>the poor starting condition on my 164Q.   My car exhibits this during cold
>AND warm start.  Any additional suggestions would be great, but I feel
>like
>I have exhausted just about every option...

I wouldn't be surprised to find that you've got one or more leaking fuel
injectors.

After shutdown, a leaking injector will drip raw fuel into the hot engine,
flooding it.  In this condition, starting is always faster with the
throttle open.  With the throttle closed, the engine may eventually start,
but much more cranking is required.  Sound like the symptoms you're
experiencing?

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco