[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #155

Group;
New 164 windshields are available from the DiFatta Brothers at around
$750.00. There are two kinds -- factory original and an aftermarket unit which  is
apparently not tinted (I've never seen the unit). I lost the windshield in my
164 and replaced it myself. If there is enough interest I would be willing to
recount the technical tale in the national mag... I actually removed the
broken  windshield from my car and the used replacement from the other car. It is
quite  the story but let me say if you are comfortable working on valves and
timing  belts the windshield replacement is not that hard to do... You will
need some  help and a couple of large suction cups but the actual work is really
straightforward and simple.
Thomas Gonnella