[alfa] '79 Spider Revival

I've finally got the '79 Spider running that I purchased 9 months ago but had not run for 3 years. Tomorrow I'll pick up the seats from the upholstery shop and will be ready for serious road testing.

Two immediate problems: the electric tach is not working. Suggestions?

The brakes have a very hard pedal feel. High pedal pressure, and marginal braking performance for amount of pedal pressure. All 4 calipers are working, and get equally hot. I checked and have vacuum to the booster, and don't hear any leaks (symptom of past failed boosters). I was thinking of driving the car for a few miles to see if the booster would free up. Suggestions?

More to come.. //kct, Powell,TN