[alfa] News Flash: Sony Pictures and Biba Restorations have come to an agreement...except

Except the female director of 'Lords of Dog Town" (it's Googleable) had
a bad fall only hours ago and hurt her head (as in 911). As of the
moment her condition is unconfirmed.

Sorry, but didn't make this up.

Yeah, that is the film my '75 Alfetta GT will be in. Hope you like skate
boarding...Dude.

The fellow who originally booked my car for the movie is out of the
picture. I'm now dealing with Sony Pictures directly. They're not
throwing money away (the movie is budgeted at "only" 15 million) but
sweetened the pot enough for me to show up (hopefully Tuesday if
Catherine, the director,  is okay) and have the Old Girl (Alfetta GT)
back in the harness.

I've been schmoozed to death and was / am well aware of every bit of it.
Was just asked to stick around after dropping the car off so I could
talk about the Alfetta on camera - which would be included in the
movie's DVD. (Don't hold your breath - I'm not).

I'm certainly not the most humble Alfisti which walked the earth, but
the funny thing is I'm most proud of having my client's '69 Spider
accepted and included  (without their consent since I failed to mention
it to them before or since) in Chris Rees's "Original Alfa Romeo Spider"
book. Gratefully received a book in return.

Call me crazy, but I prefer hard copies.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

After the transportation Sony guy and I came to an agreement he told me
of another trial and tribulation which had happened on this film.
Apparently Sony bought an early 50's Cadillac and had it repainted. It
fell off the truck after leaving the paint shop. Oy.

Not to be out done, I told him I'd just installed another starter in the
Alfetta which I felt would be more reliable for them (and me). With the
Euro air box removed I took the Alfetta out for a good run. On the way
back there was a "clunk" then the car ran like shit. Took me about 300
feet before the light came on. One of the Weber's chokes must have
fallen out - no doubt on the ground and no doubt I'd run over it.  Umm,
major bummer.

Do I stop, or do I limp home / shop? Chose the latter. Looked in the
engine bay and didn't see anything at first. Fortunately it was # 4 and
was still in the engine bay. One nanosecond of stupidity between relief
and fifteen Sony suits lined up at my front door with blue covered
notices stating "You are hereby...".