[alfa] crush washers

In my experience, finding copper crush washers, especially metric ones, is an inexplicable pain in the ass. Am I overlooking something obvious? It seems to me that the world is full of banjo fittings and other applications for copper crush washers? How come no hardware store, no auto parts store, and very few online stores carry them at all? Maryland Metric seems to have a complete selection, but ordering from them looks like a complete pain in and of itself--they don't even have a price list on their web site. The technical question is this: Would it be appropriate to substitute reusable pressure sealing washers such as these http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/DisplCtlgPage.asp?sesnextrep=413849085605974&ReqTyp=Catalog&CtlgEdition=110&CtlgPgNbr=3029 for hard-to-find crush washers? Specifically, the project du jour is a Milano power steering pump.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6