[alfa] Solved! Re: thumpin' milano (again)

So I removed the rear seat, pulled back the carpet, and found a curious looking little hole in the sheet metal above where the clutch housing would be. I looked in the hole and saw a little screw.

Earlier I had read on gtv6.org about adjusting this "snubber", and the clearance spec was 1/8". From under the car I couldn't see the snubber, nor could I determine an easy way to measure it.

So I just screwed the adjuster in until it stopped, and backed it off 3 full turns. (which looked to be about 1/8" of screw movement.)

I then went and peeled out in front of my house... no thumping.

I'm not sure how many more times my clutch will stand those sorts of shennanigans, but at least the driveline will behave.

(BTW: kudos to Joe Elliot.)

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http:/alfa.denovich.org