[alfa] ignition timing issue resolved

For those who read my earlier message, here is what I
think happened:  When I first had trouble starting the
car, I replaced the distributor cap.  The new one had
cylinder numbers on it; the old one didnt.  On the
old one, the plug wires must have been set up to match
the rotor position.  Not realizing that the plug wires
might not be supposed to match the numbers on the new
distributor, I matched them. The car didnt start, of
course, since the timing was 90 degrees off, but I
assumed that was because the cap wasn't the problem,
since it hadn't started with the old one, either.
Then I checked the compression, and it was terrible.

Now, months later, after the rebuild, I saw that the
distributor cap numbers don't match the rotor
position.  Having forgotten that the car never ran
with this new distributor, I assumed that the
distributor had moved.

Mark